It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Receiving error "the iteration is not from the same project as the work item" when trying to save work item

nannette Mori (50572) | asked Jun 30 '15, 3:57 p.m.

I have 4 DR projects that are using another DR projects template to configuration.  Most of the configuration is inherited from this project, but for creating timelines I created then in each project.  In the DR project template I have a default value script that defaults "DR Backlog" in the "Planned For" field.  For each project it defaults "DR Backlog" for the "Planned for".  3 of the projects I get the error above, but one DR project I do not.  For each DR project I created the timelines/iterations in each project so I am not sure what the difference is between the 3 DR projects that are getting the error and the one DR project that is not. 

Any idea what may be causing this error?

Thank You

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 30 '15, 9:06 p.m.
Since you're using a default value script, you should be referring to the timeline "ID" when assigning the default value. Make sure the the "ID" does exist in the child project's effective process configuration.
nannette Mori selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.