It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Doubt about installation of a new version of CLM during the upgrade.

Luiz Almeida (23016191) | asked Mar 02 '15, 5:25 p.m.
retagged Mar 02 '15, 5:38 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)
I'm doing an upgrade from clm 4.0.3 to 5.0.1. JTS and all applications are in the same server using Tomcat.

If I understood, for upgrade I have to install the 5.0.1 version of JTS and applications in the same server of the old version. Later, I have to execute the upgrade scripts of JTS and applications, right?

My doubt is: when I install the 5.0.1 version in the same server that old version is, I need to install it in a different folder that old version, right or not?
If right, is there any suggestion of folder? For example, "/opt/clm5.0.1/IBM/JazzTeamServer/".

Thanks a lot.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Mar 02 '15, 5:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Yes, when you install you should choose a different directory for 5.0.1. In Installation Manager, select Create a new package group and enter the directory in the Installation Directory field. You can use the Interactive Upgrade Guide to create a guide for your upgrade. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html

By the way, 5.0.2 is out which is more stable and has new features.

Hope this helps,

Michael
Luiz Almeida selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Luiz Almeida commented Mar 03 '15, 7:42 a.m.

Michael,

Thank for the quickly answer.
Unfortunetly I have to install the 5.0.1 version. 
Last doubt...when installing the new version, must I inform another folder fo IBMSHARED? The folder IBMSHARED can contain packages of 4.0.3 and 5.0.1 version?

Michael Afshar commented Mar 03 '15, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use the same IBMSHARED directory for all versions. The new and old versions of the applications must be installed into separate package groups and directories.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.