It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to update last contact time for engine: null error

Alexander Gavrin (122) | asked Jul 08 '09, 7:38 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to make the RTC build working, and here is the error I am seeing when I try to execute logPublisher:

Unable to update last contact time for engine: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.AbstractPublisherTask.getBuildResultHandle(AbstractPublisherTask.java:170)
at com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.AbstractPublisherTask.getBuildResult(AbstractPublisherTask.java:136)

Here is my build.xml line:
<logPublisher buildResultUUID="${buildResultUUID}"

repositoryAddress="${repositoryAddress}"
userId="${userId}"
password="${password}"
filePath="output.txt"
label="Deploy log" />

Any advices?

2 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jul 14 '09, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That NullPointerException is surprising. The line of code in question is:
return (IBuildResultHandle) IBuildResult.ITEM_TYPE.createItemHandle(UUID.valueOf(getBuildResultUUID()), null);

which would only generate an NPE if IBuildResult.ITEM_TYPE is null.

How is your build definition configured? Are you using the defaults for which JDK and Ant to use, or are you specifying your own? Which JDK is being used to run the build engine? Could you try using the JDK that ships with the RTC Eclipse client? See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildFAQ#WhichJDK

If changing the JDK fixes the problem, could you please let me know which JDK or JRE you were using before?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jul 14 '09, 12:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Could you also check for any errors in .log files in the buildengine/eclipse directory or buildengine/eclipse/configuration directory?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.