It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tasktop Sync - Synchronizing RTC Resolution with TFS Reason

Ney 81 (134) | asked Jul 17 '14, 12:04 p.m.
Hi to all! I'm synchronizing a story of RTC with a product backlog item of TFS. I can synchronize the state of the 2 work items, but I need also to synchronize the resolution of a Story with the reason used in TFS, but when I go to create the value mapping I can see my resolutions (of Jazz) but not that ones of TFS; in the attribute Reason, where "empty value" appears I have tried to write text but Tasktop doesn't save this text and "empty value" comes back.
Have you ideas about why I can't retrieve value from TFS, or about any solutions? Please in advance

Comments
Clement Liu commented Jul 17 '14, 12:56 p.m.

Did you happen to add the values to "Reason" in TFS after your last schema refresh? If so, try refreshing your TFS repository again and see if you get the new values now.

2 answers

permanent link
Jeff Downs (6) | answered Jul 17 '14, 8:25 p.m.
edited Jul 17 '14, 8:27 p.m.
 If you map to the "Resolved Reason" field in TFS you will be able to create your value map.  Resolved Reason seems to be a bit better match for RTC Resolution.  If you need to map to Reason in TFS I can provide additional detail.

Thanks

Jeff
Tasktop Support

permanent link
Ney 81 (134) | answered Jul 30 '14, 11:24 a.m.
edited Jul 30 '14, 11:25 a.m.
Thanks for your answers...
Clement Liu: I've not tried to customize TFS Process, because I'm the administrator of Jazz Platform but not of TFS Platform! But I'll try with a TFS Express Edition  (in a test environment) and then if it runs I'll propose this solution to the TFS Administrator
Jeff Downs: where is the attribute Resolved Reason? I'm working with product baclog items (TFS side) and I haven't this attribute! :-(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.