It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we trick the DBServer to point to another JazzServer?

Julio A. Velásquez (1235) | asked Jun 10 '15, 9:36 a.m.
 Actually we are upgrading and migrating our CLM platform, OS, DB and Application version, OS from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2, DB from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 R2 and the application version from 4.0.6 to 5.0.2.

Inicially, we are doing tests over an alternative test's environment, then we restored the production DB because we need to do tests with real data, but this DB has registered the hostname of the real production jazzserver, then we required connect the production DB with the test's environment, where exist an alternative jazzserver with another hostname.
How could we do that? Thanks!
Atte.
JV (ProgrammerVE)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jun 10 '15, 3:16 p.m.
I already have such a staging server, which has a copy of the live DB and where I can play the upgrades as often I like.

First you should separated this testserver, in an isolated network to prevent two CLMservers in the network with same name and to prevent, that the staging server communicates with any other servers on the network.
Also if you do a server rename you should isolate it to be sure.

If this is given, I just  added a host entry in etc\hosts file, which has all names from the live server as alias names for the IP address of this staging server.

And I disabled DNS name resolution on this server.

regards
Guido

Julio A. Velásquez selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Julio A. Velásquez commented Jun 15 '15, 4:20 p.m.

Thanks Guido, you have helped me!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.