It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to use 'Contributor' presentation as a dependent enumeration?

kuo hao tah (1142830) | asked Nov 09 '12, 12:16 a.m.
Hi There,

Is it possible to use 'Contributor' presentation as a dependent enumeration? Under the Value Set configuration, I would like the source attribute to be an Enumeration that I've set up (Target Environment), then the dependent enumeration to be a list of 'Contributors' that I could select.

For instance, if Targe Environment A is selected, the dependent attribute should automatically show Bob.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

KH

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 09 '12, 7:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know you can not use a contributor attribute in dependent enumeration. You could try to use a Java Script based default value provider that looks at the enumeration value and returns a contributor ID. Unfortunately there is no API in the scripts today that would allow you to find a contributor ID by for example name. You would have to get the ID in the script and print it to find it out and then use it in the script.

Like the answer to your similar other question you could probably use a custom Advisor plug-in to fulfill your requirement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.