It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing CSV to a Module

Dolores Vogel (1031337) | asked Jun 01 '15, 9:59 a.m.
 We are using version 5.0.2. I have my project configured so that the artifact type of Header shows as a heading in modules. I imported this type along with a couple other types to a module using a CSV file. However, the artifacts that are type Header do not show as headings. Should they? (I repeated the import using a Word file, and the headings showed correctly after import.)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 04 '15, 3:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Dolores,

In 5.0.2 I am able to import module headings with a CSV file.  The screenshot below shows the CSV file used and the result.  I exported some artifacts from a module to create this sample CSV file. 
Module CSV file

I hope this helps.

Dolores Vogel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dolores Vogel commented Jun 09 '15, 2:04 p.m. | edited Jun 09 '15, 2:14 p.m.

My file works with the "isHeading" column added when I add "TRUE"  for my Header artifacts. I was expecting it to automatically display my Header artifacts as headings since I have that type configured to display as headings in modules. So, if I manually add a Header artifact (not using import), it automatically displays as a heading in the module. Therefore, I was expecting it to automatically display as a heading based on artifact type alone. Adding the IsHeading column sense since I know I lose formatting when I import artifacts in a CSV file. Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.