It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List Values of an Enumeration Based on Selection of Another Entry

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked May 26 '15, 11:21 p.m.

I have long list of values for a single enumeration that I can break up depending on the selection of another field on the "Defect" Work item.  For example, I could split my enumeration in to three different enumerations to shorten them up. Based on the select of another field, can I some how validate the selection in that other field and then only display one of the three enumeration lists based on that selection?

Example:

In my "Type" selection attribute, you can select : One, Two or Three

Then in my "Options" attribute, based on what was selected in "Type", I display an enumeration list based on "One" being selected and a different list if "Two" was selected, etc ...

Can this be done?? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shradha Srivastav (348313) | answered May 26 '15, 11:46 p.m.
Rob Olsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rob Olsen commented May 27 '15, 12:08 a.m.

This did help, thanks, but I am not able to get it to work correctly. 

I have an large enumeration of about 35 items.  I used the "Value Set" as described in the document and selected two enumeration lists.  From the first enumeration, I selected a value, then clicked in the boxes of the values I wanted displayed in the next enumeration.  I did this for the entire list.  I then set "Value Set" in the "Attributes" selection.  I saved it and then tried it out, but with each selection of the first enumeration, I am still seeing the entire list!  I read through the documentation again but cannot see what I am missing.  Any ideas? 

Rob Olsen commented May 27 '15, 12:17 a.m.

Ah, I missed the "Dependencies" step.  All is good!  Thanks for the quick response and answer! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.