It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create child links using java api?

ast java (4511847) | asked May 26 '15, 4:07 a.m.
edited May 26 '15, 5:41 a.m.
Hi,
I am trying to create a parent and child links using java api.
I can able to create a parent link using the linktype "WorkItemLinkTypes.PARENT_WORK_ITEM" programmatically.
The same way how can I create a child link of a workitem.
Please help me out on this.
Thanks.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented May 26 '15, 6:21 a.m.

I think I just use PARENT_WORK_ITEM and always create the link from the child up to the parent instead of from the Parent, trying to add the children.

ast java commented May 26 '15, 9:19 a.m.

Hi Susan,
Thanks for the reply. Even I am using the same way.
I just want to know if there is any other way to create a direct child link for the workitem.
Because for a workitem if we try to fetch the links as type "PARENT_WORK_ITEM" it will list all the parent link and child links as well.
I want to filter it out. So thought of knowing is there any API to filter this.

Ralph Schoon commented May 26 '15, 9:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is only this API. You can create the links using that constant or using the link manager. I don't understand the rest of your question. If you search for the children in the API, you get all the children. If you search for the parent, you can only get one. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ shows how to filter for a specific link type.

ast java commented May 28 '15, 10:25 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for your answer.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.