It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0 provisional profile problem when context root change

Rijesh Puthiya Purayil (11141) | asked Jun 16 '09, 6:39 a.m.
This is my post further to http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5018.

For my previous post

Yes, I noticed the provisional profile changes with RTC 2.0; there is no need of changes in those files. But the path in provisional profile posted in the newsgroup was absolute path; it was not touched earlier and then changed later as part of fixing the issue. RTC team has changed its path to relative to JAZZ_HOME to avoid the manual entry for each installation, but it works if some one goes and change it to absolute. So the answer posted in newsgroup is just a guess, not a correct answer based on the error thread.

Today I have downloaded and installed Rational Team Concert 2.0 Release Candidate 3 on a Linux box. It was also not succeeded initially, gave different problems. I have followed the installation instruction properly, but I feel the installation instructions for 2.0 are not yet matured. I could see database migration instructions are not yet documented properly and repotools export import is not working.

After the installation of RTC2.0RC3 version,

1) Jazz Admin page https://server:9444/jazz2/admin was giving error message "Error fetching server status information.".

2) Provisional status gives error "Type Error:_47 is null

3)URL https://rcc-pok-xvm-126.cloud9.ibm.com:9444/jazz2/admin/cmd/status?installLog=true was giving following messages

{
"connectionURL": "disconnected",
"installLogStatus": {
"log": "CRJAZ0304I The profile path \"\/apps\/IBM\/JazzTeamServer-WAS2\/server\/conf\/jazz2\/provision_profiles\" does not exist. Check that the System Property \"JAZZ_HOME\" is set correctly.\n"
}
}

4) Setup https://serverName:9444/jazz2/setup was giving

Error 404: ProxyServlet: /jazz2/setup

6) The error message on SystemOut.log was

00000039 SystemOut O 05:52:40,123 ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0304I The profile path "/apps/IBM/JazzTeamServer-WAS2/server/conf/jazz2/provision_profiles" does not exist. Check that the System Property "JAZZ_HOME" is set correctly.
00000033 SystemOut O 05:52:50,704 ERROR t.jazz.ajax.service.internal.util.RootServi

I have verified the following.

1) Verified the database has been created with 8K page size and tables are created using repoTools.sh . So there is no chance of error due to wrong databse.
2) Verified repoTools.sh connecting the right database I have pointed in teamserver.properties

$ ./repotools.sh -verify
Repo Tools
Jazz Foundation Server, Version 1.0 (I20090612-2221)
Rational Team Concert, Version 2.0 (I20090612-2221)

Provisioning using "./conf/jazz/provision_profiles".
Rational Jazz Team Server - Standard
CRJAZ1363I Loading configuration from "file:conf/jazz/teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1365I Attempting Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: //localhost:50001/JAZZ2:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
CRJAZ1364I Initial database connection successful
Db Product Name: DB2/LINUX
Db Product Version: SQL09053
Db URL: jdbc:db2://localhost:50001/JAZZ2
Jdbc Driver Name: IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver Architecture
Jdbc Driver Version: 3.53.70
CRJAZ8192E: Fulltext Index Location: workitemindex/fulltext_index/
The user "ADMIN" has logged in to the database "//localhost:50001/JAZZ2:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;".

Verifying the repository contents using verification level 1.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.workitem" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.interop" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.process" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.repository" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.apt" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.scm" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.dashboard" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.build" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.reports" component.
Verifying items present in the "com.ibm.team.filesystem" component.
The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "//localhost:50001/JAZZ2:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;".
$

3) Verified WAS fixpack matches the requirement. Its now 6.1.0.23 with PK85942.

$ ./versionInfo.sh | grep Version
WVER0012I: VersionInfo reporter version 1.15.4.3, dated 11/12/08
Version Directory /apps/WebSphere/WAS6.1/properties/version
Version 6.1.0.23
$ ./versionInfo.sh -maintenancePackages | grep PK85942
Maintenance Package ID sdk.PK85942
Maintenance Package ID SDKPK85942
$

4) JVM custom properties verified.

Still wondering why it was searching for wrong path for provisional profiles.

My findout about the cause of problem.

Cause : Jazz RTC append the context root of jazz.war with JAZZ_HOME to find provisional profiles. Where as the installation wizard creates a standard path called $JAZZ_HOME/jazz. Here the context root is /jazz2 and hence the installable didn't create such folder name to hold provisional profiles. This was verified by changing context root.

Solution : Created a symbolic link in $JAZZ_HOME/ and restarted the application.

drwxr-xr-x 3 jazzadm db2iadm1 4096 Jun 16 06:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 jazzadm db2iadm1 4096 Jun 16 05:43 ..
drwxr-xr-x 3 jazzadm db2iadm1 4096 Jun 16 06:00 jazz
lrwxrwxrwx 1 jazzadm jazzadm 4 Jun 16 06:00 jazz2 -> jazz
$

Then got it working.

So this kind of problem and solution is nowhere documented. Also this is a different error than my earlier post.

So my conclusion is that RTC 2.0 didn't consider changes in context root of jazz.war in its changes with provisional profile loading, even its allowed in J2EE. Why it is so? Is it a bug?

Thanks,
Rijesh.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.