It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector: Problem with Work Item Comments Transformer

Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | asked Jun 11 '09, 4:24 p.m.
I can't seem to find any detailed information on this transformer. I am trying to use it to properly map CQ notes to RTC Comments and vice versa. Comments added to CQ are being properly mapped to RTC, however, comments added to RTC are not showing up in ClearQuest. I have the sync defined in both directions, I have the attribute mapping referening my user record sync rule, and I have chosen the Work Item Comments Transformer. I am curious, does the transformer require that the fields in ClearQuest be the standard Notes_Log and Note_Entry? In our CQ schema, the Note_Entry field was renamed to Remarks to make it more consistent with our previously used defect tracking system. Could this be the reason the mapping from RTC to CQ isn't working?

Thanks,
Chris

5 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jun 11 '09, 9:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, the transformer only works with the fields added by the notes package, the Notes_Log and Note_Entry field.

permanent link
Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | answered Jun 12 '09, 9:12 a.m.
Well, we did add the fields using the notes package, but we renamed the Note_Entry field to Remarks. Can you point me to some documentation that explains how I could alter the transformer to look for the changed field name, or else copy the existing transformer and modify the copy slightly? Thanks.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jun 12 '09, 10:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, it is not just the transformer that would need to be changed. I created a work item to address this issue: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=85774.

The only way to get this to work is to rename the field back to Note_Entry.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 12 '09, 10:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It isn't the transformer that depends on the names of the notes fields; it's the CQ Connector code itself.

Well, we did add the fields using the notes package, but we renamed the Note_Entry field to Remarks. Can you point me to some documentation that explains how I could alter the transformer to look for the changed field name, or else copy the existing transformer and modify the copy slightly? Thanks.

permanent link
Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | answered Jun 12 '09, 10:18 a.m.
OK, thanks. I don't see a target iteration for either of the enhancements so I assume this won't be changed anytime soon. I will have to create a new Note_Entry field in our schema that just mirrors changes to the Remarks field.

Thanks,
Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.