It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Duplicate Attributes appear for conditions in Web UI query

Thomas Loeber (62237950) | asked Sep 30 '11, 10:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RTC Jazz Team Server is 3.0.1 and we are using the project process sharing feature. The consuming project administrator has attempted to add custom attributes and has also done customization of the presentation editor. This was all done using the Web UI and the Manage Project area.
After several tries and trial and error with adding and removing attributes, the project admin was able to configure the attributes and presentations.

Now the problem is that when using the query editor on the Web UI and adding conditions, there are duplicate attribute names in the condition pick list pick list, but looking in the configuration editor on both the Web UI and the Eclipse UI we see only a single custom attribute definition those attributes. The ones appearing as duplicates, are the same ones that were removed and re-added.
One last perplexing thing is that when using the Eclipse UI query editor, these duplicates are not shown in the attributes pick list for conditions.

Can anyone explain why this is? Can it be remedied?

2 answers

permanent link
Jan Harris (5665) | answered Sep 30 '11, 10:15 p.m.
The RTC Jazz Team Server is 3.0.1 and we are using the project process sharing feature. The consuming project administrator has attempted to add custom attributes and has also done customization of the presentation editor. This was all done using the Web UI and the Manage Project area.
After several tries and trial and error with adding and removing attributes, the project admin was able to configure the attributes and presentations.

Now the problem is that when using the query editor on the Web UI and adding conditions, there are duplicate attribute names in the condition pick list pick list, but looking in the configuration editor on both the Web UI and the Eclipse UI we see only a single custom attribute definition those attributes. The ones appearing as duplicates, are the same ones that were removed and re-added.
One last perplexing thing is that when using the Eclipse UI query editor, these duplicates are not shown in the attributes pick list for conditions.

I'm having the same problem! I removed everything from the process configuration xml, so I'm assuming this must be out in a database somewhere...<?>

permanent link
Jan Harris (5665) | answered Sep 30 '11, 10:26 p.m.

I'm having the same problem! I removed everything from the process configuration xml, so I'm assuming this must be out in a database somewhere...<?>

Ahah! I think I just found the reason for this - these are not really "deleted" they are "archived"

See Defect # 118438

I have not found a way to filter the archived as they indicate (perhaps that only works in Eclipse, have not tried this yet)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.