It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation script error running on WebSphere

Philip Reed (3654) | asked Jun 09 '09, 2:43 p.m.
When installing onto a WebSphere instance I ran into an error indicating a problem with the jvm_props.jacl file. After debugging, I found that "server1" is hard-coded into this generated file even though I was installing into a specific profile with a different server name and had specified that name when running rrcconfig. I have worked around the error by recreating my WAS profile using the default "server1" name.

This appears to be an error in the script generation during installation.

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 09 '09, 4:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When installing onto a WebSphere instance I ran into an error indicating a problem with the jvm_props.jacl file. After debugging, I found that "server1" is hard-coded into this generated file even though I was installing into a specific profile with a different server name and had specified that name when running rrcconfig. I have worked around the error by recreating my WAS profile using the default "server1" name.

This appears to be an error in the script generation during installation.

Please log this as a defect here on jazz.net (assuming you have not done so already)

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.