It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to implement sequential task completion

Vikash Singh (422665) | asked May 14 '15, 7:04 a.m.
Hi,
How we can implement task completion. E.g I have two task Task 1 and Task 2.
Task 2 shall be disabled or cannot be started unless task 1 is completed.
How we create this feature in RTC?

2 answers

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered May 14 '15, 1:17 p.m.
Well RTC support many ways to modeling this, since it is a broad context. You can implement an extension, model as aprovals or even with work item states.

Try to be more specific, so we can give a better help!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 15 '15, 1:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A work item save advisor could do this. Examples, start here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/only-owner-can-close-workitem-advisor/

You would need a specific relationship or some other information to determine the order.

I honestly think that there is something wrong with the work culture it you have to enforce something like this though.

permanent link
Vikash Singh (422665) | answered May 18 '15, 8:15 a.m.

I have added the task1 in task2 as predecessor,and tried to complete the task2 and it saved ,however, as per to the description(in Internet for predecessor relation) it should not complete before task1.

Please guide me.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 18 '15, 8:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I am aware, there is no advisor implemented in RTC that would prevent this for the predecessor/successor relationship. The relationship is only used in the planning component. If you want to have that semantics you have to implement it in a custom extension as mentioned above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.