It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to integrate Visaul Studio Code with RTC ?

Sam K (3112) | asked Jan 09 '19, 11:16 a.m.
edited Jan 09 '19, 9:21 p.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Am looking for a RTC plugin similar to Eclipse for Visual Studio Code. Or any other way to use RTC ALM tool with Visaul Studio Code IDE.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jan 15 '19, 11:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I read it incorrectly. We do not have integration with Visual Studio Code IDE.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gabriel Mayr commented Sep 19 '19, 3:56 a.m. | edited Sep 19 '19, 4:43 a.m.

2019-09-19(!): 

As far as I can see, still there is no integration with Visual Studio Code? Are there attempts planned to provide one in the future?

To be clear: We talk about VS Code, one of the most popular Open Source IDEs nowadays;)

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 19 '19, 5:02 a.m. | edited Sep 19 '19, 5:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is an uncommitted RFE: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=106996

I have not read a lot here and I have not heard about a lot of requests.

My assumption is that the answer to your question is that, however popular VSCode is, the CLM users are not heavily using Visual Studio Code. 

Alex K. commented Mar 15, 4:29 p.m. | edited Mar 16, 1:14 p.m.
 "The CLM users are not heavy users of Visual Studio Code". What a surprise, if you do not support VSCode then the people who use RTC are not heavily using it. 

I have worked with RTC for years and also integrated it deeply into our software (verification of local files, comparison with remote repository, validation of snapshot (like if we can reuse an existing one or need to create a new one), etc).
But now I have to say that most projects are switching to git (hub, lab, whatever...).
And the broken RQM url escaping was a disaster and has also had a big impact on the image of the platform.

Aren't you afraid of missing the market? 
So guys, my friendly advice: just add support for VSCode. 

Davyd Norris commented Mar 15, 9:06 p.m.

I have to say, this is a very long overdue and much requested integration. I've done it manually but it really needs a proper Jazz supported one

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 16, 1:19 p.m. | edited Mar 16, 1:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Alex, please use comments and not answers in cases like this. That is the reason we have comments on the forum. I am getting tired of fixing this all the time.

You can submit ideas, if you like. 

We have offering management, that determines if integrations make sense/can be done. I have to assume that there are not enough requests, or not enough resources available. 

In general I am a fan of integrations. In reality I have seen so many integration requests that sounded great and then were rarely used, that I just accept reality.

One other answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jan 09 '19, 10:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, we do have integration with Visual Studio, Windows Shell and MSSCCI. You can find the latest here: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.6?p=allDownloads
Client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE All (286.15 MB)
Rational Team Concert Windows shell integration All (222.37 MB)
RTC Integration with Microsoft Source Code Control Interface All (215.39 MB)

Comments
Sam K commented Jan 15 '19, 11:31 a.m.
I don't see a plugin to use RTC as SCM tool for Visual Studio Code IDE.
I know there is an RTC plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, but this is not am looking for.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.