It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in opening queries

vinitha dsouza (14723136) | asked May 11 '15, 9:26 a.m.
Hi

Whenever  i try to open the shared or personal queries in Team artifact view i get the folloeing error
An internal error occurred during: "Resolving query descriptor".
Could not initialize class com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.AttributeTypes

Please  help....

Comments
Lawrence Smith commented May 11 '15, 9:30 a.m. | edited May 11 '15, 9:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you provide some details of your configuration? What version are you running? Does it fail on all users and all Project Areas? Did it ever work? Do the queries open from the Web client? Thanks. 

vinitha dsouza commented May 11 '15, 9:50 a.m.

hi

Thanks for the reply..

i am using eclipse rtc client 3.8 version. RTC SDK version 5.0
 its failing on all project areas .
The queries opened from eclipse client itself..

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 11 '15, 9:53 a.m.

Hi Vinitha,
Could you look into <your-workspace>.metadata.log file and provide entire stack trace?

vinitha dsouza commented May 11 '15, 10:12 a.m. | edited May 11 '15, 10:39 a.m.

Hi
This are the below errors from the .log file ..

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2015-05-11 15:57:43.037
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Resolving query descriptor".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.AttributeTypes
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.expression.AttributeValueFactory$ConstantValue.init(AttributeValueFactory.java:45)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.expression.AttributeExpression.createValueProxy(AttributeExpression.java:170)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.expression.AttributeExpression.init(AttributeExpression.java:153)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.expression.Term.init(Term.java:197)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.expression.Statement.init(Statement.java:125)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.expression.XMLExpressionSerializer.handleQuery(XMLExpressionSerializer.java:223)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.expression.XMLExpressionSerializer.deserialize(XMLExpressionSerializer.java:97)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.expression.XMLExpressionSerializer.deserialize(XMLExpressionSerializer.java:51)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.query.impl.QueryDescriptorCustomImpl.getExpression(QueryDescriptorCustomImpl.java:46)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.query.impl.QueryDescriptorCustomImpl.getParameterVariables(QueryDescriptorCustomImpl.java:98)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ItemStore$ItemInvocationHandler.invoke(ItemStore.java:597)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy48.getParameterVariables(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer$3.runInBackground(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:447)
    at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.UIUpdateManager$BackgroundJob.runProtected(UIUpdateManager.java:58)
    at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(FoundationJob.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

3 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered May 11 '15, 10:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  The root problem is this: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.AttributeTypes 

The query expression is trying to create a reference to a constant whose type is no longer defined. It looks like there is a bad query saved or perhaps someone wrote a shared query then deleted a referenced attribute somehow.  

Someone may have changed the predefined queries specified in the project area and made a mistake in the definition then this could occur.

Check the project area definition and see if the predefined queries are correct.

Check the history of the project area (open the project area configuration source and view history) and see if some attribute definitions or other areas of the process specification were modified.

Does it work in the web client?  Did it ever work? Does it fail for all users? What version of the server are you running? Were any recent customizations made to the project area?

This looks like a problem with the process configuration specification, although the code should provide a better diagnostic message.

Comments
vinitha dsouza commented May 11 '15, 11:03 a.m.

when i open team or process configuration it throws an following error :

Fetching operations
CRJAZ1241I There is a version mismatch for the "com.ibm.team.process" model.  The server version is "21" while the client version is "23". Both client and server version must match. Check the overall version of the client using Help->About and ensure it is compatible with server version "5.0.2" and build id "RJF-I20141028-1603".

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered May 11 '15, 1:27 p.m.
Hi Vinitha,
IUt seems that you are trying to run too old or too new RTC plugin. What is your installed version of RTC plugin? Could you try the version 5.0.2 from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2 ?

permanent link
J D (111) | answered Jun 03 '15, 12:48 p.m.
I am getting the same error after we have made a couple of attribute changes that are needed.  This impacts only our users who are using their own eclipse version using the P2 Integration.  We are on version 5.0.2 and are using the p2 version for 5.0.2.  This only happens on those clients using the P2 integration and works fine for all queries, associating work items from the RTC version of the eclipse client and new issues via the web running queries.  So something with the P2 plugin is not working correctly with our new changes.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 04 '15, 4:26 a.m.

When you said the "same error", did you mean the "Resolving query descriptor" error? Note that the issue in this post has nothing to do with process configuration (which your word "attribute changes" implies), as it's about RTC/Eclipse workspace/version configuration. I suggest you clean up the Eclipse workspace. If the issue persists, I would suggest you ask the question in a new post.

J D commented Jun 04 '15, 11:14 a.m.

Yes - the error is "Resolving query descriptor"  and the Exception Stack Trace starts off the same with java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.ibm.team.workitem.common.model.AttributeTypes.

Although this specific issue here was a version mismatch - Lawrence Smith's response is exactly the problem I am having and is related to process configuration.

I'll create a separate post for this since I'm not sure what there is to clean up and this happens from multiple workspaces and ONLY with the P2 integration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.