It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Eclipse client: renaming files doesn't get recognized

Tuan Nguyen Minh (691521) | asked Apr 17 '15, 7:52 a.m.
edited Apr 17 '15, 7:53 a.m.
Hi, I made a change by renaming a file under a component. Previously (may be in older version), I can see in the Pending changes View that there is an Unresolved change related to the file, next to the file name is the description text of "Rename from abc... to xyz...". But now I'm using both RTC & eclipse client 5.0.1 and I couldn't see it. The client recognize my change as delete the abc file & add new xyz file. If I face conflict from another WS, such as I edited the file & accept the file-rename incoming change from other developer, I can't move or merge my change to the new renamed file. What is the problem I'm facing?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Apr 21 '15, 3:49 p.m.
RTC Source Control can handle this situation while you are using RTC Eclipse client and making changes (rename) to files from within RTC Eclipse client.
However, if you rename the files outside the RTC Eclipse client, the changes will be detected as a combination of addition and deletion. You can submit a defect if you like.
Tuan Nguyen Minh selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.