It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How we can load specific folder from component using RTC command line?

pravin gaykar (4232225) | asked Apr 15 '15, 5:42 a.m.
In Stream "A" having 2 component "a" and "b".
From component "a" I want to load only one folder "c"
From component "b" I want to load only one folder "d"
How we can achieve this using RTC command line?

Comments
pravin gaykar commented Apr 20 '15, 1:41 a.m.

Hi Jazz Team, Please help on above use case. Previously We done same this using SVN. Now We are not able to configure our build using RTC. In our batch file we have to configure this specific folder should be load and later new changes should be accept.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shradha Srivastav (348313) | answered Apr 22 '15, 6:26 a.m.

You can refer the below article to load specific component https://jazz.net/library/article/1016#CLI 

Based on the command mentioned in the above article you can create a batch script. Hope this helps

pravin gaykar selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Apr 20 '15, 9:18 p.m.
You can create a load rule file and specify what files you would want to load from each component. Then you can use >lscm load with -L option to use the load rule and your workspace will be loaded based on the load rule. You can learn more about load rules here - https://jazz.net/library/article/1015

Comments
pravin gaykar commented Apr 22 '15, 6:01 a.m.

Thanks for earlier.

I am not able to find how we can add specific folder path for loading.
I want to create batch script, for build purpose. Below is usecase,
1. connect rtc server 2. connect project area 3. only once create workspace and load specific folder from component 4. accept latest changes only.

Surya Tripathi commented Apr 22 '15, 3:21 p.m.
I posted some examples in answer to another forum question - 

The load rule file needs to have rule for each component in your stream. If you do not wish to load a particular component, simply don't mention that component in the load rule file. Hope that is what you are looking for. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.