It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rich text capabilities in RTC

Markus Farnung (141117) | asked Apr 15 '15, 4:35 a.m.
Why there are still no rich text capabilities in comments and discussions fields in RTC?
For which update version is these feature planned?
There are support center in the Internet where you directly can add screenshots.
Oh, by the way it is also available in the Question description dialog which I use now.

It would be very helpful to add screenshots or tables directly in the defect or task description.

In RQM there are many fields where you can add rich text.
In my opinion there should be the same rich text features in ALL text fields of RTC or RQM where you can enter any kind of description.
Why there are so much different possibilities of rich-text features which are available for different text fields?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 15 '15, 8:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
More rich text features where planned and also implemented a while ago. Unfortunately there where issues with having the rich test in the Web Client as well as in the Eclipse client. It was decided not to enable the feature due to the usability issues this would impose, as far as I remember.

You can  find some entry point here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=155680 and there are various more entries in the work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.