It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question for Web UI installation

hu jie (2121) | asked Jun 02 '09, 2:33 a.m.
I have an existing RRC server version 1.0.0.1, I want to use web UI beta , can I just install a web ui server on another http port on the same machine, and do some configuration to use the existing artifacts? Thanks! :D

8 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jun 02 '09, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
yes you can use the web client beta with your existing RRC installation. See the web client beta installation instructions for details.

permanent link
hu jie (2121) | answered Jun 02 '09, 11:23 a.m.
yes you can use the web client beta with your existing RRC installation. See the web client beta installation instructions for details.

I found it at https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v7r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.install_upgrade.doc/topics/t_install_webui_top.html

Thanks!

permanent link
hu jie (2121) | answered Jun 02 '09, 11:52 p.m.
I managed installed web UI server. Looks great!
:lol:

permanent link
Michael Fullan (261) | answered Jun 04 '09, 3:15 p.m.

I'm having some trouble getting the web UI up and running...I'm currently running the trial version of Composer (both the server and client) on my laptop with DB2. I downloaded the Web UI and followed the install instructions and then walked through the steps found at this link:

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v7r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.install_upgrade.doc/topics/t_install_webui_top.html

I can't seem to figure out how to point to my existing repository or configure the Web UI to access it. Do I need to do anything under the 'Configure IBM Rational Requirements Composer' link within the 'IBM Rational Requirements Composer Server with Web UI' on the Start Menu? Or do I not need to do any configuration within that link after the Web UI is installed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

permanent link
Bruce Korn (1912) | answered Jun 11 '09, 11:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm having some trouble getting the web UI up and running...I'm currently running the trial version of Composer (both the server and client) on my laptop with DB2. I downloaded the Web UI and followed the install instructions and then walked through the steps found at this link:

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v7r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.install_upgrade.doc/topics/t_install_webui_top.html

I can't seem to figure out how to point to my existing repository or configure the Web UI to access it. Do I need to do anything under the 'Configure IBM Rational Requirements Composer' link within the 'IBM Rational Requirements Composer Server with Web UI' on the Start Menu? Or do I not need to do any configuration within that link after the Web UI is installed?

Go to:
https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v7r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrc.install_upgrade.doc/topics/t_install_rpc.html

and in the Installation Roadmap, go to the appropriate scenario (sounds like scenario 3 in your case) and follow the steps to configure the server.

I think that will do it!

But please let us know if it does not.

Thanks for the feedback!

permanent link
John Williams (7358) | answered Jun 20 '09, 2:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hey mrfullwm,
Did you ever have any luck following Bruce's suggestion to follow Scenario 3 in the Installation Roadmap? If not, I have been running some tests on the various install/configuration scenarios and will be happy to provide any additional pointers if you ran into any trouble. Are you wanting to use the collocated or the proxy option?

Cheers!

permanent link
Michael Fullan (261) | answered Jun 22 '09, 10:49 a.m.
Hey mrfullwm,
Did you ever have any luck following Bruce's suggestion to follow Scenario 3 in the Installation Roadmap? If not, I have been running some tests on the various install/configuration scenarios and will be happy to provide any additional pointers if you ran into any trouble. Are you wanting to use the collocated or the proxy option?

Cheers!

Yes, I was able to get everything configured after combing through the instructions. Thanks for the offer though!

permanent link
John Williams (7358) | answered Jun 22 '09, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hey mrfullwm,

Cheers!

Yes, I was able to get everything configured after combing through the instructions. Thanks for the offer though!

Any time. I am happy that you got up and running...

Cheers!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.