It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JBE returns CRJAZ0124E The user name or password is invalid. on Windows but same credentials work ok on Linux

Massimiliano Gallo (2111) | asked Mar 30 '15, 7:32 a.m.
Hi folks,

I created a password file to run the Jazz Build Engine and could run it successfully on both Windows/Linux. Then some time after changing my password the engines on Windows/Linux exited with auth error. Later I recreated the password file with my new password and using this I successfully restarted the Linux engine which correctly shows as IDLE in RTC, but the Windows engine keeps returning the same error:

:\RTC_build>jbe -repository https://<##########>:9446/jazz -engineId "XXX %COMPUTERNAME% JBE" -userId <######> -passwordFile buildPass.txt -sleeptime 60
015-03-30 04:25:28 [Jazz build engine] Running build loop...
015-03-30 04:25:28 [Jazz build engine] Waiting for request...
015-03-30 04:25:30 [Jazz build engine] CRRTC3523E: Authentication failed due to this error: CRJAZ0124E The user name or
password is invalid.
RRTC3529W: The execution of Jazz Build Engine completed with a non-zero return code (RC=1).

Comments
Massimiliano Gallo commented Mar 30 '15, 7:33 a.m.

Forgot to say... I am using RTC 4.0.6

sam detweiler commented Mar 30 '15, 8:41 a.m.

sorry, crazy question.. you DID actually replace the buildPass.txt file on the windows system, right?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Massimiliano Gallo (2111) | answered Mar 30 '15, 9:03 a.m.
Well the file is on a shared FS but actually I have just double checked and turns out I forgot to update the path :-(
Can close this off.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.