It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue in configured RTC process

Pradnya Raste (351524) | asked Aug 16 '13, 4:17 a.m.
edited Aug 16 '13, 10:25 a.m. by Jared Burns (4.5k29)

Hi,

I have some process configured in RTC3.0.1.1 in one of the scenario i am getting error for specific attributes.

example.

process has 5 fields.

Field A drop down - yes, no

Field B & C dates and D drop down - yes/no/maybe

now we have deployed a script on this which says if field A is yes then field b, c & d are mandatory. this is achieved using script and operational behaviour precondition Dynamic Required Attributes

once this was done the data of 600 records/work items is loaded in system. post this we had to change the attribute name of attribute from "D" to "E"

now whenever i create a new record the system responds correctly according to the script. but when i try to update existing record field "A" as yes and update all A, B, C, & E (new name of attribute) i get an error that "Attribute D" is not set and system doesnt allow me to save.

this should not happen as attribute D is renamed to E and we have updated required info in E.

Any suggestions how to resolve this?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 16 '13, 9:43 a.m.
edited Aug 16 '13, 9:43 a.m.
I opened enhancement 261877 for a similar problem back in april.

unfortunately the dependency check does give you the ability to distinguish between New (create) vs New (update).

I wrote a new advisor to handle this. (copied the product version and added a couple lines of code for handling a new config attribute, and checking the the specified (lack of) state transition New->New vs empty ->New)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.