It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Help needed with the roapmap view in RTC

Joe Gariano (8813137) | asked Mar 11 '15, 11:45 a.m.
 Our RTC project is comprised of epics and stories.  We don't use the task feature to capture the details of our work, we just define stories with points, and roll those points up to epics.

I stumbled across the "roadmap" view in the release backlog, and I'm wondering if I can use it for the following purpose.  I'd like to depict, at a high level, when certain major pieces of functionality are planned to start and finish.  For example, this may feature or these epics are intended to have work started in March and finish up in May.  I don't really care about actuals here, I just want to show a plan for a roadmap vision.

I tried creating a dummy task and making it a child of epic, but it didn't show up on the roadmap timeline. I can see that some of my epics have hollow bars on the timeline that start at various dates but end at the completion of the project.  I got confused with how this is supposed to work and am now posting this for some additional guidance.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Joe

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.