It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Sections access

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Mar 10 '15, 5:55 a.m.
I have three customs sections [let's say A,B,C] and all three sections have respective values.
Section A:  will contain any of these Arithmetic operators [ =, <, >].
Section B: will contain a numeric value.
Sections C: will also contain a numeric value.
Let's take a simple Scenario-

If A value is = then Test will be passed if both B and C have same values otherwise not.
If A value is > then Test will be passed if B value is greater than C.
If A value is < then Test will be passed if B value is less than C.
I can create a Test case after filling the values in text area of custom sections, how can i apply this condition.? Thanks for help in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 10 '15, 10:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Naveen,
Are you looking for QM to parse/analyze the custom text sections in your Test Case and automatically determine a result state based on the contents of the sections? If so, there is no built in way I know of in which that can be done. A custom text section is meant to provide a means to add additional data for a specific need that may fall outside of what is already provided by default. It would be up to the end user to not only provide the content but to evaluate it as well (and take any appropriate actions if needed)

If you are running automated test, you can map application exit codes to explicitly set the result of the run   

Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.