It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make action trigger invisible/not shown in the GUI for a role?

Nicole Seiffert (134) | asked Mar 09 '15, 10:41 a.m.
Hi to all,

I have the following problem: For a role we restricted an action trigger. We removed the permission from role "Everyone" and from the specific role. All works fine. When I select this action and want to save the WI I receive an error message, that I do not have the permission. That works a expected. 

But that is my problem! Why I can see the action? Why is this action still visible for the role.

Where/How can I make this action invisible for that role? Any idea? 

Many thanks

Nicole

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 09 '15, 11:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Nicole,

as far as I am aware RTC shows all actions, even if the user does not have the permission to save. I have found https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=264827 that requests this. There is not a lot of activity there. You could add your support there or open your own enhancement request.

Comments
Nicole Seiffert commented Mar 10 '15, 4:25 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

thanks for your quick response. I'm new in the Jazz Forums. Does it make sense to open my own enhancement request? Is this advisable?

Thanks in advance

Nicole

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 10 '15, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you are a customer, I would prefer an enhancement request with support. Otherwise it always makes sense to put in enhancement requests or to vote them up. If end when they might be implemented is a different matter, depending on resources and how important a request is.

The behavior you describe above is in RTC since the RTC 1.0 betas, that I was not able to find more requests might be related to the fact that users accept this, or to my inability to come up with good search terms.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.