It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Duplicate instances of same template appearing in New Work Item drop-down in RTC

Richard Herrin (2121013) | asked Mar 04 '15, 1:33 p.m.
 In RTC, we have created work item templates that we are using to standardize content for the organization.  After using the template the first time, it appears on the drop-down when attempting to create a new work item.  In some instances, we are seeing users with the same template name listed twice (this does not occur for me). 

This is confusing some of the users, and I have confirmed that we only have one template with the name they see twice.  We are using RTC 4.0.1.  
  new work item template list

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 06 '15, 3:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Even with zoom, I am unable to see anything in the images.

Richard Herrin commented Mar 06 '15, 5:51 p.m.

Here are two additional screen shots - zoomed in so you can read.  The first is a user showing three instances of 'Defect Template' on his create menu, the second is a full listing of our shared templates defined in the project.  I'm trying to understand why users are seeing the template name listed multiple times, and if there is a way to control that list.  

Multiple templates in create list

Project Shared Template List

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.