It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to connect eclipse client 5.0.2 to RTC server 5.0.2

vijay panari (5211118) | asked Mar 03 '15, 7:49 a.m.
 Hi Team,
I have just come across fallowing error.
CRJAZ1247E the request to the server failed.The server retunes to HTTP error 504 with this error text:unknown host. 
But i am able to connect via web client successfully.
Configuration details- 
RTC server 5.0.2
WAS 8.5.5
DB2 10.5.0.4 
eclipse client 5.0.2

Please provide solution. 

Thanks & Regards
Vijay Panari

Comments
vijay panari commented Mar 04 '15, 2:20 a.m.

Thanks Chris for proper answer.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Mar 03 '15, 2:22 p.m.
I would check the browser configuration to see if a proxy server has been configured.  IF so then the eclipse configuration will need to be updated to use this same proxy.  To update the eclipse configuration, select Windows -> Preferences -> General -> Network Connections.  Change the active provider to manual and then enter the proxy url.

IF there is no proxy, then try with the active provider as "Direct"

vijay panari selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Chris McGee (50511117) | answered Mar 03 '15, 11:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vijay,

Can you check the server logs to see if there are more details about the 504 error? Specifically, the ccm.log is the one used by RTC. Also, if you have any proxy servers (e.g. squid) then check those logs too. I expect that there will be some stack traces in there that might shed some light on the problem.

504 is usually some kind of a "gateway" timeout. It's not yet clear where the timeout is occurring.

Cheers,
Chris

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.