It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you find invisible properties in a build definition?

Daniel martin (10122926) | asked Feb 27 '15, 9:55 a.m.

We have a build definition that isn't sending the buildresultuuid from RTC to jenkins.  When we attempt to create an empty build definition property "buildResultUIID" in the build definition we can an error saying the propery already exist. From the screensho below you can see there is no buildResultUUID.  How do we fix this?

missing property image

2 answers

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Mar 02 '15, 12:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You do not need to define a "buildResultUUID" parameter on the RTC side but make sure that their is a parameter with the name 'buildResultUUID' defined on the Jenkins project if not define a String parameter with this name.

Build Parameter

This can be defined by opening the configuration page of the project, checking the option "This build is parameterized" checkbox and adding a new String Parameter with the name "buildResultUUID"

Thanks,
Kishore 

Comments
Daniel martin commented Mar 02 '15, 2:44 p.m.

Krishna,

Thank you for the reply.  I have buildResultUUID defined in my jenkins job.  The fact remains that RTC isn't sending the buildresultUUID to Jenkins to be used.  When I attempt to add that property to the build definition i get the error in my original post that the property already exist, when it isn't visible within the build definition.  Do I need to open a defect to determine why I can't add a property to a build definition because RTC believes it already exist, when it doesn't?

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Mar 02 '15, 10:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,
You should not be adding the buildResultUUID property to the build definition, this is a predefined property and should not be redefined. When you say this property is not sent, are you trying to access this property in the Jenkins Job and the value of the property is null or empty? May be some thing went wrong when linking the RTC Build definition with the Jenkins Job. Can you try the following:
1) From the Jenkins Job remove the property buildResultUUID and save the Job
2) On the RTC side, open the Build definition, go to the Hudson/Jenkins page and click on the "Get Jobs" button, select the appropriate Jenkins job and save the definition. You should see a dialog which says "Hudson/Jenkins job was updated and buildResultUUID parameter was added to the job". 
3) Check on the Jenkins job that the parameter was added.

If you still see an issue with the parameter not being passed after the above steps, please raise a WI in Jazz.net, provide the version or RTC, Jenkins you are using.

Please note that this parameter is set only when a build is triggered from RTC and not from Jenkins.

Thanks,
Kishore 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.