It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter-5.0.2 : Projecets are not poluating in drop down list

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Feb 18 '15, 6:12 a.m.
I am using RQM Excel Importer tool, i have Installed it successfully and its now visible in Excel Add-Ins. When I open the importer tool I perform the following steps:
1. Open the excel file containing the test case name and subject.
2. In the add-ins tab I go to RQM>Export to Repository
3. In the Export to RQM window I enter/validate my credentials, after validating my credentials Projects are not populating in drop down List, Any ideas how to sort this out ?. your help would  greatly appreciated. 

Some related Info.
  • MS Excel 2013
  • RQMExcelWordImporter-5.0.2.
  • RQM 5.0
  • Window 7  
  • I have Project Admin Righs and  tried this by JAZZ admin credentials as well but still facing same problem.

Here is my Mso2Rqm_Debug.log details if i am trying to Export without any Project in drop down list.... 

18-02-2015 15:02:09: Error sending to server Test_Cases_made_from_scripts_Acme_Hammers_1.xml of type testcase

18-02-2015 15:02:09: Found

18-02-2015 15:02:09: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: ExcelExportRepositoryDialog: Error saving to url https://****************.com/rm of type testcase

18-02-2015 15:02:09: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: With description: Found with message

18-02-2015 15:02:09: finished writing artifacts

18-02-2015 15:02:09: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: Exporting completed with 39 failures!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Feb 18 '15, 6:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Naveen,

The user should have "Data Migration Administrator" role and Save Test Case permission
Refer https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Prerequisites for more details
Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 18 '15, 8:00 a.m.

I already have "Data Migration Administrator" role but still not able to Export.

Ara Masrof commented Feb 18 '15, 8:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you specifically added this user to the QM Projects Area(s)?

To  validate, connect to a QM Project Area -> Admin -> Manage This Project Area -> Overview -> Members section; is the user you are specifying to connect using the Excel/Word import tool listed under member section of the QM Project Area  

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 18 '15, 2:43 p.m.

Yes!! Ara, I followed the name steps to assign "Data Migration Administrator" Role to this admin in "Manage Project Area" and on other hand i have tried this with JAZZ admin Id but still facing same problem and not able to figured this out.

Reshma Ratnani commented Feb 19 '15, 1:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you try below steps and paste the Importer logs here?

1. Open the excel file containing the test case name and subject.
2. In the add-ins tab go to RQM>Export to Repository
3. In the Export to RQM window, enter valid credentials and click on Project Area drop down list arrow.

Check Mso2Rqm_debug.log file and paste the contents here. In Windows 7 the file path is C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Mso2Rqm

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 19 '15, 2:33 a.m.

I have followed the same steps and after clicking on valadate button one pop comes up  "valid credentials " and in drop down list there are no projects to select but only one element "Could not retrieve projects". Here is the Mso2Rqm_debug.log file. I think something log with login itself.

19-02-2015 12:56:25: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: RQMConnector: Login - Error POSTing credentials to https://***********.oncloudone.com/rm

19-02-2015 12:56:25: EXCEPTION: : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

19-02-2015 12:56:25:    at Mso2Rqm_Common.RQMConnector.Login(String url, String username, String password)

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 19 '15, 3:00 a.m.

Hi Reshma, that's done!! Actually i was using Requriment server instead of Quality,So i am able see project list in the pop up box and tring with given samples. can you please tell me how can i see these uploaded test cases in RQM.

Reshma Ratnani commented Feb 19 '15, 3:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Great.
In RQM UI, goto the ProjectArea home to which export was done then click Browse -> TestCases and in that table you should see the exported testcases

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 19 '15, 5:31 a.m.

Thanks for your help,I have checked it. The last thing i want to know where can i learn to wrie configuration file as per my excel  because i tried to learn it from   given samples and documents but i am not able to understan what should be be starting point.

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 19 '15, 5:32 a.m.

Thanks for your help,I have checked it. The last thing i want to know where can i learn to wrie configuration file as per my excel because i tried to learn it from given samples and documents but i am not able to understan what should be be starting point.

Reshma Ratnani commented Feb 19 '15, 5:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 19 '15, 6:06 a.m.

Thanks !! i will go throug this !!!!

showing 5 of 11 show 6 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.