It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Product Portfolio Management (PPM) solution integrating with existing CLM deployment

Timo Reiss (209512) | asked Jan 30 '15, 3:58 a.m.
Hi all,

the company I work for is currently looking for a PPM solution. Since we already have a CLM deployment which is well suited to fulfil any project-level based requirements (e.g., project management, requirement management, risk analysis, etc.), the idea came up to look for a PPM solution which integrates well with the CLM tools.

Do you guys know of any Jazz or OSLC based solution which provides the more high-level PPM requirements:
  • Idea management & ranking (Idea management workflow w. feedback, Idea rating and status)
  • Project application (Business case for each project w. history, Project portfolio bubble chart, Separate product portfolio bubble chart, Separate technology portfolio bubble chart, Product roadmap linked to project milestones, Technology roadmap linked to products)
  • Scenario planning & simulation (Multiple project execution scenarios, Multiple resourcing scenarios, Scenario comparison (what if analysis))
  • Project cost & progress tracking (Expense recording, Service cost recording, Material cost recording, Budget / actual / forecast cost, Initial / actual / forecast timeline, Earned value method)
I'd be glad to get any input regarding this topic.

Thanks a lot!
Timo.

Comments
Timo Reiss commented Apr 07 '15, 3:46 a.m.

What we already stumbled upon is the former IBM product Focal Point, which I included into the list of proposed PPM tools.  Its integration with the IBM CLM suite is covered in detail in the CLM manuals, so this seems to be natural candidate for a high integration with the CLM products.

Does anyone of you guys have any experience with Focal Point as a PPM tool integrated in the IBM CLM system? When I talked to one of the decision takers, they seemed reluctant, since the had the impression that Focal Point would be too big a solution.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 06 '15, 3:42 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can search a list of integrations at https://jazz.net/extend/integrations/

I note that Planview is listed, which is likely to address some of your requirements.

Comments
Timo Reiss commented Apr 07 '15, 3:41 a.m.

Daniel, thanks for your input.

Planview Enterprise is actually on the list of PPM tools to be considered. If my understanding is correct, the product listed under integrations as "Planview" is actually Planview OpenSuite, which seems be an extra product needed to connect Planview Enterprise to the CLM system.

However, I will research this and forward your input to the decision group.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.