It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any good lab/tutorial for generating document with publishing engine and design manager?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 29 '15, 11:01 a.m.
Hello,

Does anyone know or have a good lab/tutorial to generate a nice design document with the Rational publishing engine and design manager based on the CLM sample projects?

There is a very nice reporting workshop in the library but it does not have one lab for design manager:-(

Thanks very much in advance
Frank

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sam Briggs (3759) | answered Jan 29 '15, 2:38 p.m.
Hi Frank,

Its so hard to find any support on these IBM products! Tutorials and documentation are spread across Jazz.net, developerWorks, and the countless blogs of various developers. So hard in fact, that I have a good tutorial that I uncovered on the internet, and yet it took me some serious googling to re-discover its location on the net - searching the authors names, zip file name, product details etc didn't work!

Anyways, rant over. I would recommend this (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DMReportTutorial). Its very very detailed and moves across most of the things you'd want to do. Only thing is it is hard/v specific to set up an environment to use the provided samples. I seem to remember you need:
  • A Design Management server for Rational Software Architect (server)
  • Configuration Management (server)
  • Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Manager (server)
  • Rational Software Architect Import Engine (client)
Although I may have missed something there so be sure to check the prerequisites.

Alternatively this is also this (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/rational-publishing-engine-generate-compliance-documents-3/index.html), which is less detailed.

Hope that helps

Sam

Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sam Briggs commented Jan 29 '15, 2:39 p.m.

Apologies, I forgot to mention. This DOES NOT use the sample projects for Design Manager, but instead provides sample models bundled with the tutorial

Frank Ning commented Jan 29 '15, 3:05 p.m.

Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot for the info. I have all the prerequisites:-)

Regards
Frank

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.