It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copied Scripts / Cases not displaying

Peter Storey (1137) | asked Jan 15 '15, 9:33 a.m.

Hi wondering if anyone can help.

Often when copying scripts / cases in Rational the duplicate script is not immediately displayed within a tab. We often have to search for its name in order to find it.

Sometimes however, it does appear.

Has anyone come across this before?

Many thanks,

Peter 

Comments
Don Yang commented Jan 15 '15, 11:05 p.m.

Do you mean once you search for it, it will then appear? Could that because the number of script or cases are large and it could be located in the last page?
What version of RQM do you have this issue?

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jan 16 '15, 3:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I guess you mean clicking the Duplicate action within the artifact editor which should open the duplicated artifact in a new tab.  I have seen in earlier releases that the duplicated artifact will not opened, but not often.  To cover that case, we included the link of the duplicated artifact as the status message.  Click "show details" on the status message should show the link.

Comments
Peter Storey commented Jan 16 '15, 3:30 a.m.

Hi Paul, that's exactly what I meant.

However, when selecting the 'Show Details' option, all that is displayed is 'Duplicate Successful'. There is no link to the duplicated item.

Rational Version is 3.0.1.5. Unfortunately I have no control over the version being used.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.