It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG REQIF import without using auto created types

Peter Morgenthaler (102815) | asked Jan 13 '15, 11:23 p.m.
I am looking at using REQIF to import a number of requirements from DOORS 9.6 to DOORS NG 5.0.2. When I generate the REQIF file and import it it will create a new Type for each module and define each object in it as a heading or Feature.

Is there a way to define how it imports the module? We have a number of types defined which meet our company schema and we would like these to be used. At the moment we have to import and then manually change each of the types to meet our schema (which we use for document generation)

eg I would like DOORS 9.6 Module X to be of type Schema_Module (with its appropriate attributes)
and DOORS 9.6 heading to be set to type Schema_Heading (with its appropraite attributes)
and DOORS 9.6 Object Text to be set to type Schema_Requirement (with its appropriate attributes)

Any assistance appreciated

Thanks

Peter

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 13 '15, 11:58 p.m.

You are looking for a "mapping" feature during the import, which does not exist now. You can do this "mapping" manually by modifying the ReqIF source, but it can be tedious when you have many types and attributes.

Peter Morgenthaler commented Jan 14 '15, 12:53 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Are there any plans for a "mapping" feature. Looking at the source for the REQIF file doing this manually is not looking easy as it is all done with GUIDS. Would the mapping be done in the REQIF file? If so where.

I can see from the REQIF File where the objects are defined as primaryText

So where does DOORS NG know to make http://jazz.net/ns/rm#primaryText a type with the same name as the module?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 06 '15, 3:46 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you set a unique URI for each type in DOORS 9 (and use the same URI for the corresponding type in DOORS NG) then DOORS NG will not create new types when you import.

Comments
Peter Morgenthaler commented Apr 06 '15, 7:06 p.m.

Hi,

I think this only works for attributes. Can this be used to set the module type from DOORS 9? If so how?

What I need is a way to set each object within a module to import as a unique type in much the same way as the word importer works. Eg if it has the word "shall" it should be a our_requirement type in DNG if it is a figure than make it DNG type of our_figure.

Thanks

Peter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.