It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC and builds on non-supported platforms

Brian Wolfe (25613725) | asked May 21 '09, 3:26 p.m.
Is there a strategy for RTC regarding how we might build products that are required on platforms other than what RTC clients support?

6 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 21 '09, 5:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a strategy for RTC regarding how we might build products that are required on platforms other than what RTC clients support?

Hi Brian

Can you expand a little on this? Do you mean how do you run builds on other platforms from RTC, or something else?

anthony

permanent link
Brian Wolfe (25613725) | answered May 22 '09, 8:52 a.m.
We develop on a multitude of platforms-hp, linux, sun,aix, various flavours of each.
The RTC clients don't match our dev environments so how do we set up developers who need to work in thos environments?

permanent link
Adrian Cho (82113322) | answered May 23 '09, 12:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We develop on a multitude of platforms-hp, linux, sun,aix, various flavours of each.
The RTC clients don't match our dev environments so how do we set up developers who need to work in thos environments?

Adding a platform requires a lot more than simply being able to build it. A lot of testing and potentially fixing of platform-specific problems would have to take place.

Realistically the only to get these platform is to request them. Please create a work item for an Enhancement and file it against PMC in the Rational Team Concert project area.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 23 '09, 5:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

OK - now I see what you are trying to do. I know an IBM customer that develops on the supported platforms and then uses the commandline interface to pull files on to the non-supported platform and builds there to. They are using the commandline interface on unsupported platforms, not something we directly support but might be worth trying out.

anthony

permanent link
Brian Wolfe (25613725) | answered May 25 '09, 10:12 a.m.
I like your thinking on this but what cmd line interfaces are you talking about? Can you point me at some docs which would lead me down the right path?

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered May 25 '09, 10:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The command line interface is available as part of the standard zip install. It's contained in the directory jazz/scmtools/eclipse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.