It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does tasktop really support SCM synchronization between RTC and TFS?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 09 '15, 10:29 p.m.
Hello,

Does anyone know if tasktop can be used to migrate source files with change history from TFS to RTC? I recall it can only handle workitem synchronization between RTC and TFS, not SCM. I may be wrong:-).

I know there is an open source tfs2svn which can be used to migrate TFS to SVN and then to RTC. However, it is buggy and cannot handle large projects with rename etc.

I am not sure IBM's strategy for their customers to move from TFS to RTC by migrating change history/versions from TFS to RTC. Our development teams are kind of declining moving from TFS to RTC due to the lack of this feature/support from IBM.

Any feedback and input are welcome.

Thanks and regards
Frank

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 10 '15, 5:47 a.m.
I just looked thru their web site, and don't see any SCM integration.

permanent link
Wesley Coelho (462) | answered Jan 14 '15, 2:26 a.m.
 Frank,

You are correct. Tasktop handles work item synchronization between TFS and RTC but not SCM.

Wesley Coelho
Tasktop Technologies

permanent link
OpsHub Inc (11) | answered Apr 03 '17, 2:00 a.m.

Hi Frank, Sam,

It is possible to migrate source files with change history from TFS to RTC. OpsHub provides seamless integration and migration solutions for TFS and RTC as well as many other systems.
 - Sync of normal workitems as well as the change history (SCM data).
 - History is also supported.
 - No additional API configuration.
 - Support comments, attachment and relationships.

We support many more features. You can reach out to us for your custom demo here: http://www.opshub.com/demo-request

Thanks
OpsHub

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.