It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The Build Forge step logs are published out of order in the RTC build result.

Christiano Monteiro (1356) | asked Jan 06 '15, 12:01 p.m.
The publish of the build result logs to RTC does not occur in step order. In the tab build activities RTC orders normally. This problem occurs when i am using inline libraries in Build Forge.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 25 '15, 3:50 p.m. | edited Mar 25 '15, 3:51 p.m.

Did you notice:  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/166882/rtc-bf-should-logs-of-chained-projects-get-back-to-rtc

Well...  that never got answered in the forum.  My bad.

5 answers

permanent link
Kyungmo Jung (41) | answered Mar 18 '15, 11:03 p.m.
Hello Chrisiano,

How about step log order in Build Forge Management Console?

Please upload sample steps logs with below information;
   - Build Forge Management Console version by ('bfengine -v') and its operating system version and locale.
   - Build Forge Agent version and its operating system version and locale.
   - Database version and its locale.

Thanks,
Kyungmo Jung

permanent link
Raj K (10222125) | answered Mar 24 '15, 12:54 p.m.
Is there a resolution for this?  Our RTC is 4.0.3 and RBF is 8.0.0.2 I experience a similar problem.

Out of 20 steps in Buildforge only 5 or six or seven step logs are visible/transferred to RTC Build.
Definitely multiple-thread steps and join step doesn't show up.

We are using the Jazz JBE V4 adapter as the first step and the rest are ANT steps.

permanent link
Kyungmo Jung (41) | answered Mar 25 '15, 12:02 a.m.
Hello Raj,

First of all, RTC started to support Build Forge v8 since 4.0.5. Therefore RTC should be at least v4.0.5 to work with Build Forge version v7.

Actually RTC uses Build Forge API, a client API module should match to its server modules.

Please consider below things to identify the problem.
1. Upgrade RTC to at least v4.0.5 or higher
2. verify if Build Forge console displays step log in correct way no matter threaded or inlined. 
    The problem may be in RTC side if (RTC is 4.0.5 or higher and)Build Forge console displays steps in correct way.

Thanks,
Kyungmo

Comments
Raj K commented Mar 25 '15, 9:31 a.m. | edited Mar 25 '15, 9:31 a.m.

Here is a tech note
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21648865

But the problem I have is partial logs are passed on to RTC (4.0.3) but not all.

I already have Buildforge 8.0.0.2.

permanent link
Kyungmo Jung (41) | answered Mar 26 '15, 1:26 a.m.
Hello Raj,

I have double checked system requirements and found it's controversial.
In RTC side, v4.0.5 or higher support RBF v8, but RBF side v8 support RTC 2.x and 3..x

I also checked the technote and related Jazz workitem(https://jazz.net/jazz09/web/projects/Rational%20Build%20Forge#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=30657, I think you already reviewed it).
The issue is different from you are facing.

Would you please clarify a little more for me?
  1. My understanding  is "thread steps" and "Join Step" logs are not shown in RTC rather than partial step logs of a step, am I correct?
   2. Can you see the invisible steps and those logs in RBF Console?
   3. Can see any error message in jas-0 log around the time?
        then please post the message here.

Thanks.
Kyungmo

2. What is the meaning of "Partial"?
        - Partial step logs of A step?
             Then, which blocks are not delivered? such as STEP, MANIFEST, AUTH,... SET,ENV... SCTIP... etc?
        - or partial steps of a Job(Build or Project)?

permanent link
Christiano Monteiro (1356) | answered Apr 14 '15, 1:32 p.m.
We opened a PMR for this issue (The Build Forge step logs are published out of order in the RTC build result). Follow the resolved defect. It is planned for release 6.0.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=349638

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.