It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is the RTC Build Toolkit open source?

Rafael Rezende (431723) | asked Dec 16 '14, 8:56 a.m.
I've been playing with the RTC Client API and struggling with the lack of documentation and examples. Most of information on this topic comes from https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/ (btw, thanks Ralph for the efforts!)

Some features I'm trying to implement are related to handling of Build Results, somehow as done by RTC Build Tookit. I believe the Toolkit itself could be a good reference for me. So, it may not hurt to ask: is it open source? If yes, where can I find it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 16 '14, 9:05 a.m.
edited Dec 16 '14, 9:09 a.m.
the source for many components is supplied in the SDK bundle on the  download page. (I haven't found a component without source yet)
once the sdk is downloaded and unzipped, setup the sdk in the eclipse preferences, plugin development, target platform section..  then open the plugins view, find the plugin jar file bundle that contains the functions you want to review/modify, right click, then import as source... you will get an eclipse project that should rebuild the jar file.

even less is documented in the SDK.. at least with the Plainjava there is the javadoc.
I agree that the system architecture and the object reference diagram are not published.

I do not believe RT is 'open source', there are specific licenses, see the sdk readme
Rafael Rezende selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rafael Rezende commented Dec 16 '14, 9:11 a.m.

Thanks sam!
I was about to reply to my own question after finding this other question that lead me to the answer. Btw, the answer there was also yours :-)

Anyway, the short guideline you provided here is a valuable addition! Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.