It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to override deliver preconditions from scm cli?

Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | asked Dec 02 '14, 8:33 p.m.
Subject says it all: how do you override a deliver precondition from the scm command line like you can in the Eclipse GUI?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Dec 02 '14, 11:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, there isn't a way to override process preconditions/actions in the cli. I thought there was a defect on this but couldn't find it. Please raise a defect. Thanks.
Jeff Care selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 03 '14, 7:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This would be an enhancement request. The SCM command line is supposed to be the SCM command line and not configure the operational behavior.

However, you can configure the operational behavior in the UI and use another user with a specific role, where the role overrides the operational behavior configuration in the process configuration. That way the operational behavior would not apply to that (automation) user and there would be no problem.

Jeff Care commented Dec 03 '14, 9:51 a.m.

The cli is functionally deficient when compared to the gui. Correcting a functional deficiency is not an RFE, it's a bug.

This is not an automation use case. As a normal user I find it easier for certain tasks to use the command line (shocking, I know). I should not have to operate as a special user to perform a task in the cli that I could perform as myself in the gui.

Jeff Care commented Dec 03 '14, 9:52 a.m.

Opened https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=339755

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 03 '14, 9:54 a.m. | edited Dec 03 '14, 9:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As you please, however it is a SCM Command Line and not a Project Administration Commandline. SCM refers to software configuration management.

Jeff Care commented Dec 08 '14, 2:00 p.m.

I'm not seeking to configure operational behaviors, merely to allow for overriding delivery preconditions, as one can do from the Team Advisor view in the GUI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.