It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delivering changes would create conflicts in the stream

Luis Francisco Fontalvo Romero (811) | asked Nov 28 '14, 4:37 p.m.
 Hi,

I am getting the error below:

An error occurred during "Deliver".

Delivering changes for component 'Component' would create conflicts in the stream.  In order to remedy this, we need to restructure your change history in such a way that it will produce conflicts in your workspace.

I search this site and I found that it may be related to defect 14691. I also found that defect should be fixed from RTC version 3.0, I am using 4.1. However, I could not find the information about that defect.

Any help would be great.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 29 '14, 11:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just allow the reordering to take place, and then resolve the conflicts in your workspace.   What you are seeing is the fixed behavior. 
The old defect that was that you would get a "cannot deliver because of conflicts" error, but no help on what to do about it.   The fix was to automatically reorder the change sets in the workspace, so that you could proceed with the deliver (after resolving potential conflicts).
Luis Francisco Fontalvo Romero selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Luis Francisco Fontalvo Romero commented Dec 01 '14, 10:14 a.m. | edited Dec 02 '14, 10:02 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey, Thanks for your answer, this helped me to deliver my changes.

I had a compilation error in a maven pom file that I just ignore (we moved to gradle and the pom file was not used anymore but keep it for reference) and I was requesting to override the compilation errors validation rule in RTC. After that I was getting the Delivering changes would create conflicts in the stream error, but no option was given to proceed.

I retried after fixing the compilation error (just deleting my old pom), and RTC now show me a popup with the option to reorder the change sets as you described. I was able to deliver my changes then.

Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.