It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

installing dcc into the same WAS profile as other CLM applications

Prasad Vasiraju (1548) | asked Nov 13 '14, 1:13 p.m.
retagged Nov 13 '14, 1:53 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
Is there a known problem installing DCC (Data Collection Component) into the same WAS profile and Node as the other CLM applications? Here is the scenario I am having an issue with. We have the CLM suite (ccm, rm, etc.) configured and working in WAS. I am now attempting to deploy DCC into the same profile. The dcc_deploy.py script executes without errors, and I can see the dcc.war in the installed applications list; but when I try and go to the JTS setup to register this application it fails to do so. Also, I get a blank screen when I try to navigate to the https://<server>:port/dcc/scr link. The errors in the systemOut.log file are:

[11/10/14 16:59:29:449 EST] 00000014 SystemOut     O 16:59:29,448 [InitializeServiceThread] ERROR tory.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry  - CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service.internal.DataCollectionService".
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1114I The required service owner for "com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service.internal.DataCollectionService" could not be found.
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:279)
        at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.services.TeamServiceRegistry.getService(TeamServiceRegistry.java:228)
        at com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service.internal.ServiceInitializer.waitForServiceUp(ServiceInitializer.java:73)
        at com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service.internal.ServiceInitializer.access$0(ServiceInitializer.java:62)
        at com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service.internal.ServiceInitializer$1.run(ServiceInitializer.java:44)
[11/10/14 16:59:34:218 EST] 00000028 ServletWrappe E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper service SRVE0068E: An exception was thrown by one of the service methods of the servlet [equinoxbridgeservlet] in application [dcc.war]. Exception created : [java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ1118I Unable to load server configuration.
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.config.internal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.failedToLoadServiceConfiguration(OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.java:103)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.config.internal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.loadProperties(OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.java:154)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.config.internal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.primGetProperties(OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.java:209)
        at com.ibm.team.jfs.app.config.internal.OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.primGetValue(OverridablePropertyFileServerConfiguration.java:246)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 16 '14, 8:18 p.m.
This will not work unless you have managed to install DCC together with JTS (under the same JazzTeamServer path). Apparently there is no supported way to do so.
The reason is that all CLM applications use the custom attribute "JAZZ_HOME" to point to the root of the CLM installation location so that the applications know where to read the configuration files and execution bits. This is done manually or by running the script clm_was_config.py.
For your existing WAS profile configured for CLM suite, of course "JAZZ_HOME" points to where JTS is installed, not DCC. It is no surprise that when DCC starts up, it cannot find the configuration and throws out this exception:
CRJAZ1118I Unable to load server configuration.

Prasad Vasiraju selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Prasad Vasiraju (1548) | answered Nov 13 '14, 1:50 p.m.
The CLM version is 5.0.1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.