It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Software Architect Design Manager Error

Jason Hamilton (1613) | asked Nov 06 '14, 11:12 a.m.
I have installed Rational Software Architect v 9.1.1 with the Rational Design Manager Client v5.0 for RSA 9.  Rational Design Manager Server 5.0 is up and running.  When I try to configure a Connection from the DM client in RSA, I get a "Loading System Resources" has encountered a problem.  java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.

I am an IBM Technical Rep for Rational and have also seen this error at customer sites as well.  I tried to attach an image, but apparently I don't have the "reputation" (new to me) So I put it in the text below.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Nov 07 '14, 6:11 a.m.

Hi Jason,

We did not get the text you pasted. Can you try to paste the full error?
As well, have you or your customer already contacted your support team?
If not, I would advise you to do so.

Regards,
François

One answer

permanent link
Jason Hamilton (1613) | answered Nov 07 '14, 8:43 a.m.
Figured it out.  It was a simple mistake.  When installing the server components of Design Manager, I had not installed the RSA Design Manager Server Extension.  Unfortunately, installing this component after the fact did not resolve the issue.  I was required to do a complete uninstall of the DM components and reinstall to resolve the issue. 

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Nov 07 '14, 12:19 p.m.

Hi Jason,
Thanks for letting us know that you resolved you issue.
Regards,
François

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.