It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How long will "upgrade data warehouse schema" take when upgrading CLM from 4.0.2 to 5.0?

Markus Nosse (15112828) | asked Oct 30 '14, 10:26 a.m.
I have to upgrade a CLM 4.0.2 installation to version 5.0. When running the upgrade scripts, I noticed there is a step "upgrade data warehouse schema" which I never tried. For the production system upgrade however, this step has to be executed.

How long will this step take? (specifically, is there a dependency on the size of the warehouse database? By now it has approx. 500 million rows, DB2 requires approx. 120 GB for an offline backup of it.)

Thanks for your help!
Markus

One answer

permanent link
Markus Nosse (15112828) | answered Oct 31 '14, 10:21 a.m.
I went the extra mile of configuring a test environment with production data and connection to a data warehouse DB and applied the upgrade scripts on this setup.

To my great relief, repotools-jts.sh -upgradeWarehouse took only about two minutes.

Regards
Markus

Comments
Ginny Ghezzo commented Oct 31 '14, 10:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Markus,
Thank you for not only doing the test but posting the results.    I will make sure our teams are aware of this question and the results you found.   

I am curious why you are working on CLM 5.0 instead of the latest release CLM 5.0.1 (GA Sept 9, 2014)?   I strongly recommend while doing evaluation and test,  you leverage the latest mod release.   Also when an extended maintenance release is available, such as CLM 4.0.7 for version 4, it is in our customers best interest to be on it for defect and security resolution.  

Thanks,
Ginny

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.