It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any limit to add work flow states?

Neha Nayak (1546) | asked Oct 30 '14, 5:49 a.m.

I am trying to add workflow state in PA--Process Configuration--Workitems--Workflows--States--Add, but when I click on add it is poping out an error - 'IDE Exception Handler' has encountered a problem. An internal error has occured. After when I click on Ok  in the pop up, my RTC eclipse dissapears. Reopening eclipse again ask for new workspace as existing in use.

So, is there any limit to adding workflow states as i have already 35 states added in that particular work flow. however when I try the same steps in any other work flow in the same project area it is working fine.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 30 '14, 6:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure if there is an intention to limit the workflow states. I would suggest to get into contact with support.

You might also think about using the Web UI.

On the other hand, the suggestion is to not have a lot more than 10 states. It is not really feasible to have so many states and still understand the workflow. A common approach to limit this is to have a hierarchy of work item types and break up the workflow in smaller ones. The child work items would have a simpler flow and the higher level states represent the progress for a group of lover level tasks.
Neha Nayak selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.