It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Re-using Jazz Data, also known as Repository Migration

Carol Ulbricht (5642) | asked Oct 23 '07, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In SVT we struggled to understand this, and I wrote up what we have learned. We invite others to add comments or corrections.

The problem:
We need to re-use pre-created Jazz repository data in the following test situations:

1. efficiency in running comparative tests with different RTC builds or different configurations, where all tests begin with the same data. Examples: performance testing, platform verification.

2. simulating customer usage over time, where each period begins with (and builds on) the data that was in the repository at the end of the previous period.

What I wrote ran to 5 pages, and it didn't seem appropriate to put such a lengthy document into a post, so I attached it to Task 34375 https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=34375.

To respond, please quote the beginning of the section or paragraph you are responding to, and I will edit the document accordingly if appropriate.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.