It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I stream a stream?

Weilim Er (4612013) | asked Feb 10 '11, 8:04 a.m.
A bit of confusion here. I am trying to stream a stream but under Team Artifact>Source Control>Stream, when I right click to create new stream I cannot find the option only New Repository Workspace is found. Why is that so?

5 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 10 '11, 8:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A bit of confusion here. I am trying to stream a stream but under Team Artifact>Source Control>Stream, when I right click to create new stream I cannot find the option only New Repository Workspace is found. Why is that so?

I am unclear by what you mean by "stream a stream". If you want to create a new stream, you can use the Source Control node. Project Area > Source Control > New > Stream.

There is also a duplicate action on the stream node if you want the new stream to have the same configuration as the one selected.

permanent link
Weilim Er (4612013) | answered Feb 10 '11, 10:01 a.m.
Trying to branch a stream say Stream1. So do u mean I create a Stream-Sub1 from Source Control and set flow target to Stream1 right?

Next step I want to make changes to Stream-Sub1. To do so I need to create a repository workspace from Stream-Sub1, code, deliver changesets?

Then I want to merge Stream-Sub1 to Stream1. What are the steps involved please?

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 10 '11, 8:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To merge Stream-Sub1 to Stream1, in the Pending Changes view, you:
- select the "change flow target" operation on the workspace you created
for Stream-Sub1, and specify Stream1.
- select the Accept operation on the workspace(to merge into the
workspace all changes from Stream1.
- merge any branching conflicts
- select the Deliver operation on the workspace.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 2/10/2011 10:08 AM, erwl88 wrote:
Trying to branch a stream say Stream1. So do u mean I create a
Stream-Sub1 from Source Control and set flow target to Stream1 right?

Next step I want to make changes to Stream-Sub1. To do so I need to
create a repository workspace from Stream-Sub1, code, deliver
changesets?

Then I want to merge Stream-Sub1 to Stream1. What are the steps
involved please?

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Feb 10 '11, 9:03 p.m.
And for more information you can also check the following article "Multiple Stream Development" at http://jazz.net/library/article/40/

Christophe Cornu
RTC SCM Client

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Feb 11 '11, 8:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Trying to branch a stream say Stream1. So do u mean I create a Stream-Sub1 from Source Control and set flow target to Stream1 right?

Next step I want to make changes to Stream-Sub1. To do so I need to create a repository workspace from Stream-Sub1, code, deliver changesets?

Then I want to merge Stream-Sub1 to Stream1. What are the steps involved please?

For a branch, right-click on Stream 1 and duplicate it. Any changes you deliver to the duplicated stream will only exist there until you deliver the changes to Stream 1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.