It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is Personal Timesheet report parameter from DW or not?

Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | asked Oct 05 '14, 11:38 p.m.
RTC5.0.1 used.
In the help(http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.1/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/r_report_templates_oob.html?cp=SSYMRC_5.0.1), it says timesheet reports are DW type. So I assume that it means the parameters will be populated after etl job is run successfully.
In my test here, I added a new user Bob to the member of project area and login with Bob to create a new task in formal process managed PA and add time tracking entry as well.
Now I go to Personal Timesheet report and I notice that newly added user Bob is listed under User's field without running etl job. I am confused now: do the timesheet report's parameters such as project area and user retrieve the data live from Database or they should be from DW?(I tried to change advanced server property " Ignore Timesheet Data" from true to false and tested again without restarting server, still the data will show up with no etl jobs running).
Can anyone please advise? thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Oct 07 '14, 2:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Don, the document is incorrect, the timesheet reports are live.
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Oct 08 '14, 12:28 a.m.

Thanks Rafik for the confirmation.

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Oct 07 '14, 2:23 a.m.
This is the SQL statement the get the contributor list for the Personal Timesheet report, which looks to be the live data.
select distinct t2.NAME, t3.NAME from MODEL.TIME_SHEET_ENTRY t1 inner join PROCESS.PROCESS_AREA t2 on (t1.PROJECT_AREA_ITEM_ID = t2.ITEM_ID) left outer join REPOSITORY.CONTRIBUTOR t3 on (t1.CREATOR_ITEM_ID = t3.ITEM_ID) where ((t2.ARCHIVED = 0) or t2.ARCHIVED is null )
Probably the document is incorrect?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.