It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

automate emails in CLM

tanveer attar (1145) | asked Sep 25 '14, 10:37 a.m.

Hi all;

my instances is on 4.0.3 .

I wanted to know  if there is any way i can set up RTC to email me/my team  all the open work items at a period of 4 hours.

the tool should shoot an email even if the work item is not modified.

any alternatives or any thing that can be done

please advise

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Sep 25 '14, 3:03 p.m.
Hi Tanveer, I would use for that one of reporting solutions: RRDI - this is Cognos based and you can set up sending the report in e-mail. Anyway it requires some effort to install and maintain it. BIRT report - it is easier to create it but it has no function to automatically send report via e-mail. You need to write the tool to send the report via e-mail or export it to pdf to manually send it.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 26 '14, 2:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It would also be possible to develop a server extension - a scheduled task, that runs every so often, queries the new work items and uses the IMailerService to send an e-mail.

However, I can't understand why everyone is so obsessed with getting their e-mail inbox spammed with tons of these mails. I think a better solution would be to set up a query that find the work items recently created and put it into the dashboards and other views in the client.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 26 '14, 2:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

BTW, you could also put it on the Mini dashboard and check every so often.

PS: you could also use a feed reader and run it against a feed that tells you when a new work item is created, I suppose. That way you don't have to wade through your e-mail full of notifications but still have a real time view on what is happening with a nice list of things to take care of in the order of them coming in.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.