It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard and Team Viewlet

Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | asked Feb 02 '10, 11:06 a.m.
Context: RTC 2.0.0.2, Firefox 3.5.7

I have a couple of questions about adding a Team viewlet to the dashboard.

1) When I add a team viewlet, I select a team that has sub-teams. I deselect the settings box that says "Include sub-teams". The viewlet still displays the sub-teams. This could be a bug or I may be misunderstanding what "Include sub-teams" means. Comments?

2) If I select to add a team viewlet and the team selected has no sub-teams, I get a viewlet that has the name of the team in the viewlet title, but there are no active links (i.e. I cannot get to the team dashboard). Is that correct behavior?

3) Fundamentally what I want to do is have on a dashboard an arbitrary list of teams that are links to the team dashboards. How could this be done?

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Feb 02 '10, 11:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

The Teams viewlet actually shows either a team hierarchy sub-tree under a given root project or team, if you tell it to show sub-teams, or only the direct children of that root project/team otherwise (depth=1). That is, it shows only teams under the project/team you've selected.

I've created a work item to clarify the UI to reduce confusion for this viewlet:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/104882

If you want to show something other than a hierarchy or a group of sibling teams, I'd recommend using the Bookmarks viewlet.

Thanks,
Curt
Kevin Zemanek selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Zemanek (2454825) | answered Feb 02 '10, 12:07 p.m.
Hi Kevin,

The Teams viewlet actually shows either a team hierarchy sub-tree under a given root project or team, if you tell it to show sub-teams, or only the direct children of that root project/team otherwise (depth=1). That is, it shows only teams under the project/team you've selected.

I've created a work item to clarify the UI to reduce confusion for this viewlet:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/104882

If you want to show something other than a hierarchy or a group of sibling teams, I'd recommend using the Bookmarks viewlet.

Thanks,
Curt

Curt - thanks that makes sense.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.