It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are test cases created differently in different PAs while Exporting test cases from excel to RQM?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Sep 17 '14, 3:43 a.m.
 I have created a config file for exporting test cases with associated test scripts from excel to RQM. The test cases are getting created successfully in one PA along with the test script. But when I use the same config file and create in another project area, the test case and test script are getting created separately but the link is not established between the 2. The test scripts section itself is not seen in the test case. ID section gets created and the test script name is seen as text there.

Config file has below code:
testscript.XLSStartRow=2
testscript.XLSArtifactID=C
testscript.dc:title=C

// the literal "execution" will be put into the step type tag, so all steps will be of type execution
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.steps.description=I
testscript.steps.title=C
testscript.steps.name=I
testscript.steps.expectedResult=J

// a new script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

// test case defined with  definite cell locations
testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID
testcase.dc:title=testscript.dc:title
testcase.dc:description=D

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Sep 17 '14, 5:48 a.m.

Basically, I want to know what could be the reason for the export happening properly for one Project Area and not for another? Is there some settings that we can change? 

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Sep 18 '14, 1:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Maria,

Are both the projectAreas using same template for TestCase?
When you create a TestCase from UI, do you see the TestScript section?

Can you paste screenshot of the TestCase editor which has ID section.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.