It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

try to create iteration plan

JJ Jeng (121) | asked May 01 '09, 5:00 p.m.
I am trying to use RTC client to create iteration plans

after creating one, I can not see the new plan on the eclipse client but can see it available on the web based client.

what are the problems here?

Also, can I not use eclipse client and just use the web client to create the iteration plans?

thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Kieron Brear (1461169) | answered May 02 '09, 6:16 p.m.
Hi,

Where have you looked in the Eclipse UI? You'll find the plans in the Team Artifacts view.

As for planning through the web UI, this is a plan item for the 2.0 release (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=62545) and looks complete according to the status. I haven't used any of the 2.0 betas, so can't comment on how well it works.

Kieron

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 03 '09, 5:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Where have you looked in the Eclipse UI? You'll find the plans in the Team Artifacts view.

As for planning through the web UI, this is a plan item for the 2.0 release (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=62545) and looks complete according to the status. I haven't used any of the 2.0 betas, so can't comment on how well it works.

Kieron

To expand on Kieron's point - look in the Team Artifacts view, <your>->Plans and expand out the development lines. You should see your plan there but it may be low down in the hierarchy. You should also see this in the Project page. You may need to refresh both sections to see the plan, but this is normally not necessary.

If this still does not work, let us know what version of RTC you are running on.

And in 2.0, you can create a plan from the WebUI (just saw the button on 2.0 M3 web UI).

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.